Nipper Pool Training – Group 2 & 4
Due to restrictions imposed by COVID 19 on Halo, pool sessions will be limited to 30 people poolside, this includes the Halo lifeguard and our poolside coaches.
Nipper sessions will still be 40 minutes but the times and days will be different in order to maximise our pool time. Parents will not be allowed inside the building and must wait in the car park in case of an emergency. Please do not leave site.
In order to give everyone the opportunity to swim we have moved this year’s Nipper Juniors (2008 born) up to train with Juniors which will give more space for Nippers and allow us to complete assessments for new members on our waiting list. Our Junior Co-Ordinator Andrea will be in touch with all 2008 NIPPER parents shortly.
Please arrive at least 5 minutes before the start of your session with your swimming kit on under your clothes.
Group 2 – 7:15-7:55pm
Group 4 – 8:15-8:55pm
Each nipper has been placed in a group based on their age and will swim on alternate weeks.
These groups and sessions will be set and cannot be changed.
At a time when Covid cases are rising and some of our Nippers are already self-isolating I think it is important to remind everyone of the clubs Covid procedures and what we expect from everyone associated with the club in order to minimise the risk of exposure to COVID 19.
- Anyone who has been asked to self-isolate for 14 days must not attend any club training sessions.
- Where possible everyone (parents, coaches and helpers) should try and maintain a 2m social distance as per the Welsh Government Guidelines. This does not apply to under 11’s.
- Everyone should wash hands regularly and ensure they use hand sanitiser upon entering and exiting the pool and the clubhouse. The clubhouse should only be used in exceptional circumstances.
- All club craft is only to be handled by the dedicated handlers and cleaned before each session. Gloves and hand sanitiser should be used where necessary.
- If anyone feels unwell they should not attend a training session.
At the pool
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before the start of your session with your swimming kit on under your clothes.
- Line up on the ramp at Ynsawydre pool ready for registration.
- A coach will walk you into the pool, please use hand sanitiser provided at the entrance.
- There will be no access to changing rooms, all kit will be left poolside and coaches will advise where on the day.
- Coaches will advise which lane to go in, please walk to the end of the pool and lane you are directed to quickly and quietly, (don’t run)
- At the end of the session you can dry off, collect your bags and clothes but then must leave the pool promptly. If you have a Dry Robe or similar these are perfect for taking off wet bathers and keeping warm when you leave the building.
- Parents must be visible and ready to collect the children from the bottom of the steps at the end of the session.
I appreciate that their maybe some disappointment that we are only able to offer one pool session a fortnight at this time. The club is in regular contact with Halo and will of course review this if the regulations and guidance changes.